Does Ginger Tea Have Caffeine? Discover the Truth About This Controversial Herbal Tea

I'm not a huge fan of caffeine but recently I was offered the second most popular kind of tea, and that is ginger. My hubby told me about all of the benefits of ginger and I was eager to see if ginger could help me with my sleep problems. First I would like to say that I am not an asleep expert so no, I don't know how the tea affects you. What I do know is that my husband was gone for almost a month with a severe sleep disorder so I was hoping to find some sort of quick cure. I did some research on the internet and found out that ginger does contain antioxidants.

Does Ginger Tea Have Caffeine? Discover the Truth About This Controversial Herbal Tea


Ginger tea does help with heartburn

Antioxidants help fight off free radicals, which are produced during a bout of acid reflux. Studies have shown that ginger tea is one of the best times to drink ginger tea on acid reflux because it contains gingerol. What gingerol does is act as an alpha-block, which means it prevents acid reflux by blocking the activity of alpha chemicals in the stomach.
So now we have the first benefit, which is that it helps with heartburn. So now I drinking ginger tea before bed. It does help with heartburn because it causes the stomach to relax which stops acid from backing up. I also drank 2 cups a day while I was being treated so it definitely kept the symptoms away.

Best tea for sleep (Insomnia)

The second benefit I found out about when researching the pros and cons of ginger tea. I mentioned my husband and I was taking the maximum amount recommended by the herbalist. That was actually much more than I should have. Because of the caffeine, I couldn't get the rest I needed so I found myself waking up way early in the morning and often being groggy during the day. By drinking ginger tea before bedtime I could get the rest I needed without the caffeine keeping me up.

Now we covered the first two benefits ginger has to offer. There are still several more to mention but I'll save them for another article. In the meantime, I want to share some of the best natural remedies for nausea and indigestion I experienced over the course of the next few weeks. There's nothing better than getting relief from stomach problems and other symptoms.

How to make Ginger/Lemon/Honey Tea

If you want to know the best natural remedy to use, I recommend taking a cup of hot water with 4 grams of fresh ginger root. Drink this tea as soon as you feel any symptoms from indigestion or nausea. Then you can eat a nice light meal. It's important to consume the whole cup before you decide to eat because the ginger will leave some of the ginger oils after you drink the tea. So, make sure you have a second cup to consume so the oils won't leave an aftertaste.

Other natural remedies include mixing some honey and boiling water and drinking this mixture. This has proven to be very effective for many people, but I'm not sure how much ginger it takes to cause a problem for you. The most common advice doctors give is to take a half cup of the boiled water with a quarter of a cup of honey. I find that this does the job nicely. I also notice that the hotness of the honey makes me feel refreshed.
One of the best ginger tea ideas is to replace boiling water with lemon juice. Lemon juice is good for the stomach and for fighting indigestion symptoms. Ginger is good for the same reasons. You just need to add a little extra incentive to the pot of lemon juice. When you drink a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, you'll notice the ginger taste almost immediately. And who doesn't like that?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post